Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Sweets

I know I've explained the meaning of Sunday Sweets before, but since it's been over 2 years  a few weeks since I've posted one, I'll explain again.

I found this idea on another fab blog somewhere, but I have no clue where. So . . . we'll just say it's my idea. Comprende? *wink wink*

Ok, getting on with the explanation. 

I like to think of it as a two for one deal. You get an inspirational thought AND a divinely yummy recipe from yours truly. 

Work for you?

Works for me. 

Now that we understand each other, lets get to it. 

Today at church, a sweet sister shared with us how this past year hasn't turned out quite like she expected. Her family has had many trials during the last part of the year, but she's determined to keep her chin up and move forward with faith. Her courageous words made me think of these two quotes I found on Pinterest.


Isn't this so true? I love this one. Have you ever noticed how bright everything is after a good rain? The grass, the leaves on the trees, flower and vegetable gardens? Everything is so vibrant and perks right up after nice, soaking rain. I think that's also how life is sometimes. Without the clouds and the storms of life, we might not notice and appreciate the the brightly colored happy moments . . . the rainbows.




My little family is also facing some trials (whose isn't?), but I know as I strive to handle these things with a positive attitude and a happy spirit, we will see our rainbows . . . and they will be all the more beautiful. I know things will work out the way they should.

And now for the second sweet. YIPPEE! 

This recipe is from a dear friend from our military days, and boy are these things F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. And addictive!

Are you ready?

Golden Delights

1 box yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick of butter
1 box of powdered sugar
1 8oz. package of cream cheese
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 325. Mix the first 3 ingredients together and press into the bottom of a 15 x 10 in. pan to form the crust. Mix the last 3 ingredients together and pour on top of crust. Bake for 45 min. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Try eating only one. Enjoy!




No comments: